Saturday, June 26, 2004

Wedding Day

Today is the day.  The day my nephew takes a bride.

How can it be that this charming boy, that I've grown to love since he was four years old, has turned into a charming and handsome young man that will take a bride today?  It doesn't seem like too long ago when my husband would toss him, giggling, in the air with him begging his Uncle to "...do it again! Do it again!!" 

The young lady he's chosen is a doll ... she's thoughtful, caring, and beautiful.  She's concerned about today's weather as they hope to be married in a gazebo today.  The forecast is rain.  So I went in search of an Italian proverb and found one:

"Sposa bagnata, sposa fortunata"
A wet bride is a lucky bride (referring to rain on the wedding day)

So, now it's time to get ready for the ceremony.  My children are in the wedding party.  our daughter will be the Flower Girl, gently tossing petals from Daises in the aisle; our son will be the Ring Bearer.

Did I finish the Ring Bearer's pillow?

Absolutely!

It took about 30-40 hours to create, and I love the way it came out.  It has dangling crystals in each corner, with white ribbon going around on the edge, complete with beaded edging.  I hope to get pictures (upclose) of it today with my son's tuxudo as the background ... 

In the meantime, if you're interested in Italian wedding traditions and proverbs, you may want to visit this website: http://www.virtualitalia.com/articles/wedding.shtml

No comments: