Monday, June 28, 2004

...desire to be...

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
- Robert Frost


OK, now lets change that to reflect how we really feel ...
"Crochet is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly created."   
~Dee Stanziano

This morning, as I drink my first cup of coffee, I am mulling over my CGOA Registration Confirmation and the homework assignments that I just received.  While I am disappointed that my class with Nancy Wiseman has been cancelled, I am thrilled that the event is only three weeks away -- and that the CGOA has asked me to host their Pizza Party at the event with Nancy Brown, author of the book Crocheter's Companion

I got all the classes I requested -- and this means a trip to OfficeMax for a few supplies:

  • Medium/Large Notebook
  • clear notebook folders
  • page protectors
  • business card page holder
  • Index tabs

    Why?  Good question!
  • Last year, when I attended my first CGOA Conference, I created a notebook that helped me be organized.  I had so many events to enjoy that I didn't want to waste a single moment looking for the various items I would need for each class.  So I came up with this notebook idea and it worked out quite well! 

    For each class, I had the Materials Fee in an envelope with my name on it (so the instructor knew I paid); I had the homework sheet, along with the homework pieces  I worked up right in the notebook; I had blank pages in-between each class for note taking; I had a page that you insert business cards into; a page of pictures featuring works I've done; and the Conference Brochure.

    I toted this notebook from class to class; inserted all the handouts in the appropriate place; inserted the business cards I collected, and so on.  I received many compliments on it, and today it's become a handy reference book.  "Conference 2003?  Oh, sure, I have it right here!"

    So, I'll be doing this again this year.  J

    "Getting organized is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly stress free."
    ~Dee Stanziano

    No comments: