Monday, June 7, 2004

Do you hear what I hear?

Said the little lamb to the crocheter's boy,
Do you hear what I hear
Ringing through the night, crocheter's boy,
Do you hear what I hear
A wedding bell, high above the trees
If she doesn't get going, she'll be one late "CrochetWithDee" 

Have you ever gotten a tune stuck in your head, but the words changed?  This happens to me quite a bit.  I was driving to pick my daughter up from school today and for some apparently reason I started to sing Christmas tunes.  Not softly, as one who cannot sing should, but loud -- nearly from the tree tops.  I know people heard me, but I was in my "zone" enjoying thoughts of snow on this hot day.

But when the song changed to the words above, it got down-right frightful!  I stayed up late last night working on the Bridal Amulet bag.  It's nearly done.  I'm working on crocheting a rose with a blue & white cameo in the middle, and I will add two beaded leaves to it.  This will sit on the pull string for the bag and be the "center piece" for the project.  Then, it's just a matter of tucking in the ends.  Of course, since I'm working in thead, it takes longer to see "bigger results."

So the countdown for my nephew's & niece-to-be's wedding continues ... Father's Day is when I will see her again.  This gives me about 12 more days ...

I picked up a pillow form and pretty "rose" stamped satin, and white ribbon today.  I think I'll try to come up with my own pattern for the ring barrier's pillow -- I've got ideas already formulating and if I don't address them, then it's a night's sleep out the window.

I'll also use some of the fabric, since I purchased extra, to line the freeform money bag I'm also working on. 

Twelve days.

Said the crocheter's boy to the little lamb ,
Do you smell what I smell
Drifting towards the right, little lamb,
Do you smell what I smell
A scent of fear urging her to get in gear
or at their wedding, she'll be sitting in the rear.

Yeah, or she'll be sitting in,
sitting in the rearrrr!

No comments: