Saturday, June 4, 2005

"Dudette, Where's the Pickles?"

It took me hours yesterday, but I did it; I had sewn the tulle ballerina skirt and then stuffed it with little roses.  I then slipped the little skirt onto Cana Pickles and, I swear, her smile seemed to get bigger.  I think that means she likes it.

This morning I'm addressing her need for appropriate earrings.  I decided I didn't like the one's I initially made for her.  So I visited the website Sheila had mentioned in a past journal entry on dainty earrings and tried creating one with wire.  I only made one earring and didn't like it; it doesn't "stand out" enough.  I guess I'll get out my thread a bit later on and will work one up and see how it looks on her.  Really now, catering to Fashion Diva's ...  LOL

If the rain passes through today I hope to take both of the Pickles out -- if not to join me for some fun on my swing, then at least for a ride -- I want to see where I can take their pictures around town before I ship them off.  Of course I know you're all clamoring to see them, so I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, here's a great news article on kids & crochet:  Dude, Where's my yarn?

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL...you and this picture of Mr Pickles on the swing.  I love it!  Sheila (not-so-patiently waiting for the other pics!)