Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Inspiration: Where does it come from?

Main Entry: in·spi·ra·tion
Pronunciation: "in(t)-sp&-'rA-sh&n, -(")spi-
Function:
noun
Date: 14th century
1 a : a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation b : the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions c : the act of influencing or suggesting opinions  (the above is quoted from the AOL Research & Learning link)


I was asked today where I draw my inspiration from ... where my ideas come from, and if it would be OK for someone to climb into my head and have a look around.

Well, if one is able to climb into my head and have a look around, then one would want to bring a broom and some good filing skills -- it's a mess in there and could use a good cleaning!

As for where I draw my inspiration from:  I look to what's shaping my life, what has shaped my life, and what I can do to better shape my life.  Not always does it go as planned, but sometimes great things result.  All I can suggest is that you look at an ordinary item and ask yourself, "What if I took it and used that item in a different way?" (like crocheting up some licorice, or even some rubber bands!)  You can also ask yourself, "What would happen if I took something and put it in another environment? (like taking two stuffed bears to a park for some fun) ...

Whatever you opt to do, make it fun, and try to draw your own inspiration from it.  :)


REMINDER: Be sure to enter for the Free Drawing ... for details, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK Dee!  I've got the filing skills...hand me a broom, I'm going in!  LOL!