Tuesday, June 14, 2005

deja vu?

Yesterday I had my children helping me prepare the bears for their new homes -- I needed two long chains to attach their "personality cards," so my son and daughter each crocheted one in a color that matched the bears.  I'm so glad I asked for their help because they were as giddy as school children!   Alright -- you got me there, yes they ARE school children, but what I'm saying is that they were delighted to be able to contribute!  They couldn't wait for their daddy to come home so they can show him their work!  (*The Personality Cards I created state the bears name, some things they like, and their birthdates.)

During that time I started getting short stabs of pain in my back.  Is this deja vu?  Wasn't it last summer when my back gave out on me?  Oh, this best not be!  I'll be taking it as easy as I can and will monitor my progress.  Hopefully I'm just a little sore from twisting in some odd unexpected way, or that I slept in a bad position and it will pass.

Today is my children's school picnic and fortunately I'm not the "cooler lady" having to tote around some 150 pound cooler filled with ice and drinks.  I'm the "craft lady" and yarn is much lighter!!!  Yes, I promise to take it easy.

Now, while we're on the topic of scary thoughts, go ahead and check out this website of crocheted masks ... awesome, huh?  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well with your back!
Take care,
Debi