Sunday, May 1, 2005

"The BIG Day" -- It's here!

So here it is, THE BIG DAY!  One would think that it was my BIG DAY as I had great difficulty sleeping.  I actually got up around 1:30 this morning to unpack my daughter's Rosary she had crocheted and won a blue ribbon for last year.  You know how it is; the mind just races with details until you address it.  How on earth could I forget an important detail like that? 

This morning my husband asked if I wanted a cup of coffee.  "Yes.  Bottomless.  Keep it coming!"  I'm wondering if there's a way I can get hooked up to an IV ... nothing but coffee, please!  Heavy on the caffeine ...

I'll be off  in a moment to go get ready but decided to do a quick crochet check list for today's event.  (Mind you, I did not make all these items myself; I had a help from Grace, Celeste and my daughter!)>
     * Crocheted Book Markers complete with dangling crocheted crossed.  (check!)
     * Crocheted Hairpin Lace Cape complete with sewn in beads and crosses on trim.  (check!)
     * Crocheted white & beaded Communion hand bag. (check!)
     * Crocheted Hand Bag that matches my outfit.  (check!)
     * Crocheted Shawl (black) with Beaded trim.  (check!)
     * Crocheted Rosary.  (check!)
     * Crocheted Make-up bag (for touch ups; you know I'm gonna weep during the ceremony!).  (check!)
     * and finally, there's the "Butterfly" that my daughter had made that has some crochet on it. It's already at the church so it gets an automatic "check!" by it.

Wow, that's a lot of crochet!  And I can see it now, you all are going to want to see pictures, huh?  I'll see what I can do.  Now, where did I put my waterproof mascara?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recommend L'Oreal's "Lash Out" waterproof!!!  LOL!  Wishing you both the best today!  Think of it this way - she is "marrying" God....not some snot nosed little boy who will never be good enough for her.  If you start to cry, think of this and smile!  Sheila