Saturday, May 14, 2005

Meet Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles is ready to meet you all! ...but he still doesn't have a voice. All that is left for me to do is sew him a mouth. I'm just not sure what type of a mouth ... an open mouth, a surprised "O" mouth, or a smile mouth.  What do you think?

He joined me at work today and my students all loved him. Now he's waiting for his sister to be crocheted. See the fushia yarn waiting? J

For those interested in making a bear similar to my bear pictured here, please note that he's entirely crocheted by feel, not by sight.  This means that I do not recommend this project for a beginner.

I got the pattern from the Lion Brand website and used Berroco's Bulky Chinchilla with a size "I" hook.  I left very long tails (about 2') on each piece for the assembly.

You can call him Amato; you can call him Tom.  You can call him Mr. Pickles, just don't call him late to dinner. (LOL)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love him!!!!  I think a smile mouth would suit him well and the kids too!  Sheila

Anonymous said...

He's adorable, Dee! And, I'm sure he can't wait to get his sister <g>. I agree with Sheila that he looks like he needs a smile...
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind