Sunday, July 6, 2008

Strawberry Fields

Today I feel as though I am the luckiest woman on the face of the earth ... OK, so I lifted that line and tweaked it a bit from Lou Gehrig's famous speech.  But still, it's how I feel -- everyday!

How else can one fully express how her Mr. Dee makes her feel -- for willing to take photographs of his wife playing with yarn in the middle of a strawberry field, paying no mind to the onlookers who were there to pick strawberries? (to prove the point of how portable the fiber arts really are!)   From testing out instructions for her upcoming Hand-Jive class, making his fingers do foreign maneuvers?  For never complaining about the yarn taking over the house?  For helping to part couch cushions late at night in search of an elusive crochet hook?  For taking dictation as his wife calls out strange sounds, "sc," "ch," "dc" ...?  And much, much more! 

This isn't his first time he has done these types of things for me ...  he has been doing this for years!  Indeed, he makes me feel as though I am the luckiest woman on the face of the earth; he is my biggest cheerleader. He's an awesome guy, and I couldn't be more lucky in having him as my husband, as my bff!!!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww!  That is a very sweet tribute to the hubby - and you really are lucky to have such an awesome man who would do all of those things for you!

Love and hugs,
Sheila

PS  Did any strawberries get picked??

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sheila  :)

And yes, we did pick strawberries.  Check out one of the beautiful strawberries we picked over at the kids blog ... http://www.Cornnecticut.com

~Dee

Anonymous said...

You are indeed one blessed lady! Platonic hugs to Mr. Dee. (Don't want to get anybody riled. LOL) I hear about a lot of yarn hiding going on across the country. I don't hide mine, but I can't say anyone else in the house understands needing so much yarn or so many hooks. Sometimes I wonder myself! hee hee hee

Anonymous said...

Whoot, Whoot! to all the good guys!  Wishing for everyone to be as lucky.  :D
Nancy
(yep - got a new name.  finally! ;-p )