Saturday, July 2, 2005

Slightly Derailed...

I've been slightly derailed from having a winner selected as I've been asked to write a bio for a Freeform Exhibition Catalog.  There are SO MANY ENTRIES for my free drawing that it's going to take a little bit more time than I anticipated!!  (I think it's so wonderful that so many of you did; and that your stories are so heart touching!) :D

Along with the biography, they also asked for a picture.  Oh, a picture?  I'm kinda camera shy so that's a challenge!  (I'd much rather be the one taking the pictures  than the one being photographed.)  So, I combed through pictures that survived my last PC crash and found one that my husband took about two years ago.  My hair is about the same length now, so it's still pretty current.   I'll have to think about getting a professional mug shot in the future.  In the meantime, here's what I came up with:

 

 

 





     Regular Dee Image       Coloring Book Dee Image    and Cartoon Dee Image.

I took my image and meshed it with a scarf I crocheted a few months back.  Then for my journal here, I turned the image into a "coloring page."  It's the new image you see in the "All About Me" section.   (Do you like the change?)   While I'm on this subject, I've been receiving many inquiries on how I'm able to fit so much in that section (aol has a 1000 character limitation), so I thought I'd share my secret.  It's mostly an image!  I used Microsoft's "Paint" program: paste the images you want to appear, type your text using the font/color you want, then save the image as a "bmp" (bitmap) file.  Go to key word "my ftp space" and upload the image.  The next step is to tell aol in your journal where to find the image using what's known as html code.  The code will look something like this:
<.img src="http://members.aol.com/youraolnamehere/images/yourimagenamehere.bmp">  See that red dot in the code?  You'll need to remove it in order for it to work.

All right, that's it for today.  I've got to get that biography done so I can announce our winner, right!  ;)

No comments: