Sunday, July 31, 2005

Wishes DO Come True!

I am delighted to report this morning that wishes do indeed come true!  And I'm about to bestow the good news to all of you!

First, let me thank all of you for the wonderful compliments you've sent me about my Overlay coasters.  I'm thrilled that my work is inspiring so many of you to want to try something new!  :)

Next, let me say that with so many of you requesting I offer a class on Overlay -- well, start making plans to sign up! 

Yes, that's right, I'm going to teach the technique!!

I wrote to Melody and explained to her your wishes, and she bestowed upon me these beautiful words,
"Hi Dee, Yes, feel free to show people the technique. The technique is something I WANT to share. In fact, I'm thrilled that so many people are interested in learning something that is my greatest passion. It's exciting for me, and I look forward to seeing the directions other people take with it! It [is] time for some new blood!"

So, because I cannot use Melody's materials, I will come up with my own and offer the class THIS FALL!!!!!  So watch for it when I announce the Fall Teaching Schedules!  ... and Sherri, I'll try to ensure one of the classes happens on the dates you requested!  Isn't this exciting?!!   :)


Now, of course I have more good news:
   * Yes, Melody is in the process of creating a book about the technique; she's waiting for a publisher. 
   * Yes, she has a website in the works too.  They're trying to figure a way to offer high quality images so you can see the texture.  (Hmmm, isn't that the same problem I've been experiencing this week??)
   * AND Yes, I can share her contact information with you if you'd like it.

Go ahead, sing with me,

     "
When You Wish Upon A Star, 
     makes no difference who you are. 
     Anything your heart desires will come to you

     If your heart is in your dreams,
     no request is too extreme
     When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

     La da dee dee dee ... 
     you're all gonna have fun Crocheting With Dee ...


                  ...my apologies if the song gets stuck in your head  J

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!  I need to go back to sleep for a while.  I could swear it said, "...DISHES do indeed come true!"  So, I was going to ask where you got your elves from!!!  Have a great day!  Hugs, Sheila

Anonymous said...

Dee,
 This is awesome. Can you tell me where you will be giving this class so I can look it up on my atlas :) Id like to map you out to see how far I will have to travel. We will be in Sturbridge, Mass on Oct. 10th and 11th. Then we will do some traveling around till we get to Maine we are due to be there on the 12th till the 15th. We leave to come home on Saturday the 15th at 5:00 at Logan Airport.
 So I can either leave Sturbrdge and come your way and then head up to Maine or come down from Maine on one of the days you schedule. Im really excited about this technique:) I know it can only inhance my pleasure of crocheting. I ordered the crochet bible you suggested in an earlier message. It should be here this week sometime. And I will practice the drop stitches and anything else you suggest.
Blessings,
Sherri

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee, I usually lurk but I had to comment on the overlay coasters.  They really look beautiful.  Overlay is a technique that I would love to learn but I'm in Florida and the drive would be too much... guess I will have to experiment.  And as far as the song goes, I work for Mickey so I am used to having it in my head.  Johnny

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!  Yippee!  Yaaaaay!  Cool!  Awesome!  Am I excited or what?!
Sign me up!
Rose