Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Let's Play Ball!!!

Hey, don't get used to this two entries in a day stuff -- This is a bonus.  And, judging by the rumbling thunder clouds, it's going to be a quick journal entry too!  ((memo to self: get the candles out as soon as this entry is done!))

The other day I mentioned that we should have "Crochet Baseball Cards" (minus the baseball theme).  I'm delighted that Michelle over there at her blog, Luv 2 Crochet, took me up on the challenge!  Michelle:  That's awesome!!  I love it!!


Now here's mine:

How I made it:  I took a picture of my son and I together (yea, it's a recent one -- from my birthday in February); I omitted him, added the basket of yarn; added the crochet background.  Left it to do some crocheting.  Came back and copied the image, then put some color onto it, added text for the back ground.  Went and did some more crocheting.  Came back and realised I forgot to save it, counted my lucky stars, and here you have it.  Question is, am I happy with it or should I tinker some more?  Go ahead and let me know what you think. 

And, I made a banner too for the "blog explosion" site I have a link to in the "about me section":


    So, naturally, I'm currious.  Who else is playing [yarn] ball?



Here's who is playing along (give them a visit & check out their cards!):
* Luv 2 Crochet Blog
* Crochet Mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee, your blog is great :) I love the idea for the crochet baseball cards...I might just make one myself
take care,
crochet mama
http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/