Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Umph!

When it's snowing, you know I'm going to take heed and stock up ... why should today be any different?  LOL  I went to work today (for those that may be new to my journal, I'm blessed to call teaching crochet my job).  It's an hour commute, but I don't mind.  I like taking the back roads in, checking out all the farms and being at peace with my thoughts.

Today was no different.  Even though it was raining, I had faith, for whatever reason, that the weather forecasters finally had their act together and had predicted the weather correctly.  Oh, I should know better!!

The rain froze, and then the snow covered the ice.  It took me 3.5 hours to get home.  AND I had to shovel my road.  We're not talking a driveway ... we're talking about a ROAD.  My daughter said as I was trying to make another attempt up the road, "Maybe we should pray for God to help us Mommy."  I replied, "You do that honey, I've got to go shovel some more."  Next thing I know, there's a priest walking down my road offering his help.  Yes, hard to believe, but it's the truth!

And speaking of truth, you must have heard about Martha's Stewart's "softer side" and her poncho by now.  If you haven't, then take note that she wore one on the day she was released from prison, and it set the crochet world's online groups abuzzin'.  At first, everyone wanted to know if she crocheted it as it has been reported that this is a new skill for her -- she learned how to crochet while serving her time.  (She didn't; a friend in the joint did, and reportedly gave it to Martha as a parting gift) . Then, everyone started talking about how much they want THAT pattern.  So with hot coffee in hand tonight, in hopes of defrosting myself, I sat down here to catch up on my emails and noticed that I received one from Lion Brand.  You'll be happy to hear that they are hard at work coming up with a similar pattern that will use their Homespun yarn.  They hope to have the pattern out by next week.  If you'd like to be notified when the pattern is ready, visit the LionBrand.com website and sign up for their newsletter.  You'll be glad that you did.   :)

As for me, I'm planning on migrating over to the couch.  I'll wrap myself up with my momma's crocheted afghan, and get in a few stitches while I continue to defrost.  Brrrr!  It's cold out there!

No comments: