Wednesday, March 23, 2005

OMG! Pinch me AGAIN!!

Forget about being graceful and leaping effortlessly across the house with joy.  I may have been a ballerina earlier this week, but now we're onto ice skating -- doing triple sow cows that can bring home Olympic gold!  No, seriously!!  I am that excited that I just might dare trying it!!  So, yes, please, pinch me again before I go into more "OMG's!"

What happened?
                I got a phone call.

Uh, huh.
               It was a great phone call!

It was an invitation to submit a piece to be placed on exhibit in a museum!   (Oh, I can barely breathe!  They want one of my crochet pieces to submit for exhibit???!!!  WOW!!  Oh, please pinch me!!  This is just incredible!!)

It turns out that Jules Kliot has decided to create a museum dedicated to the laces and textiles of fiber to preserve the memory of his late wife, Kaethe.  The exhibit he's working on will feature freeform crochet, and Irish Lace.  I was asked to submit my doily I did in Irish Clones Lace a few years back (see image to the right) that is based on the patterns available in Maire Treanor's book, Clones Lace: The Story and Patterns of an Irish Crochet.

I just keep chanting "OMG!" in my mind, over and over.  I do need to be pinched; I'd hate to wake up and find that this week has been a dream!

I've got my work cut out for me if I'm going to meet the deadline ... I've got to reblock the piece and then find a place that will do a beautiful job framing it.

Excuse me for running off now, I'm off to do those triple sow cows ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Congratulations, Dee!  It's so excited to read about fellow crocheters and knitters becoming sought after and published!  You be careful now with all your Olympic-worthy leaps ... they may come after you, too, to perform in the Olympics!  :)  Congratulations!

Karla

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

I'm bringing an autograph book with me on Tuesday (then I'm waiting for a year and putting your autograph on Ebay).  Don't forget us little people when you become famous.  It has really been a OMG week. You go girl. Lori