Monday, March 28, 2005

So Dee, What's Up With That?

Recently, I've received a few emails asking 1. why I don't have a certain blog/journal listed under my "Other Journals," and 2. why a blog was removed from the list.  So I thought I'd take a few moments to address this.

First of all, let me state that AOL, who hosts my journal here, only gives me so much space to list my favorite blogs to visit.  So it's impossible for me to list each and everyone that I do visit.

Of the ones I do list, I do so because of the following reasons:

  •   Frequency of updates
  •   Content (mostly crochet)
  •   Clean Language
  •   Inspiration

    If a blog was listed and you now see that it's been removed, it might be because it hasn't been updated in the last 3-6 months.  I feel that if people are visiting my blog/journal then I should at least provide links to those that are able to keep theirs updated too.  Don't worry; just because it's not listed doesn't mean I'm not visiting it any longer! 

    If a blog was listed and you now see that it's been removed, it might be because of language that was used.  Since I teach crochet to all ages, I'm looking for those blogs/journals that can be considered rated "G" for general audiences.  I think that I have a responsibility to the children interested in crochet and want to provide them with safe places to visit.

    Or, check the blog to see if it's "On Topic."  For those that have blogs/journals of your own, I'm not telling you what you can & cannot write about.  It is your blog, and you can write about anything you wish; but if your blog is named "... crochet ..." and heavily wanders off to the techniques of raising horses or how to make rocket ships more often than about your crochet adventures, then there's a likelihood of not having it listed here.  While your blog/journal may be very interesting overall, I'm looking for those more in tune with the theme of crochet and fiber (again, this falls into this category because I teach crochet and have students visiting -- the content you write about may help inspire them!) ... but again, just because you don't see it here doesn't mean I don't visit!!

    I do my best to provide a warm & welcoming environment here at CrochetWithDee and hope that you understand my reasonings of how, why, and when a blog/journal is listed here.

    If you have a blog/journal that you think I'd be interested in visiting, please leave the web address to it here in my comments, or email it to me.  I'd be happy to check it out, and possibly consider it for listing.

    Thank you,

  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    WHEW!  I'm safe!  Hugs, Sheila!