Tuesday, March 15, 2005

a fiber-istically fun day

Yesterday was a fiber-istically fun day.  I had the pleasure of teaching the morning session of the Staff Development Day, and then enjoyed a most delightful lunch provided by the owners of the store.  In the late afternoon I gave knitting a try ... but confound it!  I seem to be twisting my stitches.  

This was a special day because it was the first time the ENTIRE staff was together at the same time!  The day was full of laughter, projects, and then unexpectedly, with gifts.  Yes, the owners wanted to thank all the employees for a great year and surprised us with either a gift of knitting needles or a crochet hook.

No, not just any knitting needles set or crochet hook ... go to this site and check them out:  
www.glasspens.com -- my hook is the cobalt blue.  It's stunning!!

                      Does it work?

Oh, did you think I wouldn't take it out for a test drive?  LOL ... I did, I did!!  And the ride was sweet!!

                      A BIG Thank You to Joy & John for such a fantastic day!!


... If you are planning on going to the CGOA Regional Conference in King of Prussia, PA, at the end of the month, then you'll want to be sure to visit the Ernst's booth in the FiberArts Market and see these beauties first hand!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its National Crochet Month and you were KNITTING????  ::thud::  (sound of me fainting).  Sheila

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh! I want one <LOL> They are beautiful!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind