Thursday, July 15, 2004

We can rebuild her. We have the technology.

We can rebuild her. We have the technology.
We have the capability to make the world's crochet enthusiast woman, better.
Dee Stanziano is that woman. She'll be healed as she was before.
Better . . . stronger . . . faster.


That little blurb above is actually from the opening lines of "The Six Million Dollar Man." I couldn't resist tweaking it and putting it in today's journal entry as it reflects my doctor's happiness with my progress in such a short amount of time.  I only whimpered a little bit in today's therapy session which is a major improvement from my sobbing with pain at the beginning of the week.  I'm quite happy about it too! 

Remember yesterday's journal entry where I won a doll from Noreen's new book?  Well today she sent me an email and wrote, "Oh Dee!  I am sending you tons of healing love and light and prayers!" -- little does she know that I received that light today!!  (Thanks Noreen!) J

In today's session I received my ultra sound therapy, my inferential therapy, a spine stretch, and something new. Yeah, that's right -- laser! I have no idea what the actual tool looks like, so the graphic I stuck in here could be entirely wrong -- I just know that it was not a painful procedure.  Apparently laser is the latest technology in the medical profession, and as I understand it, it helps tissue to regenerate/heal faster.  Cool, I'm on the cutting edge of medical procedures -- Steve Austin, watch out -- I just might get my own TV show saving the world from itchy fibers that split within nanoseconds!

I'm doing so well, that I was OK'd to do local driving starting tomorrow -- but nothing more than 20 minutes. He reluctantly OK'd me to go to the Conference, but this means that I will have therapy tomorrow, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday, AND I had to promise that I would take it easy. (You know I will, as I don't want to go through this again! I'd rather go through childbirth again than to experience this kind of pain again!!)

So, now that I'm slowly mending, this means I'm able to spend a small portion of my day today sitting up.  Ah, this means I can do a little crocheting!!  I have a hat that I want to finish up, and then perhaps get to a little bead project I've had on my mind.  Yes, I said "little" -- meaning I want to keep the projects light weight as I still have pain with my ribs and don't want use of the shoulders to "tug" on those muscles too much. I promise, I will go easy!

One thing I do want to add, I am really enjoying reading this book by Pauline Turner!  She's going to be at the conference, so you know I've got to get her to autograph it for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Dee!  Easy does it and you'll be back on your feet in no time!  We miss you at KTOG!