Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Audio entry

The first day at the conference started off with a blaring fire alarm!  OH NO!!

So I got the kids up, put my back brace on and headed down three flights of stairs with my husband ... Gwen, the President of the CGOA was ahead of us.  We saw three fire trucks in front of the Radisson, but no one seemed to care...

"Where is everyone else," we asked each other.  (Apparently throughout conversations with others in the building, anyone not on our floor missed this morning exercise.)  Hopefully, we thought, that would be the ONLY fire alarm going off during the conference.

Professional Day was packed full of great information!  I feverishly took notes, and can see that I will be doing some more reading/research on the topics they covered.

Afterwards I had a meeting with Karen Whooley of Kustom Krafts; she liked my work and we'll see if we can make a connection to get some of my patterns published.

Then I headed to Prudence Mapstone's room, where she showed me (and other admirers from the freeform group list) the most fantastic lace I've ever seen ... Prudence said she received it from one of her students who is from Turkey.  Listen, if you're ever invited up to Prudence's room to see fiber goodies -- go!!  It's amazing the treasures she has!

By then I was in much pain and opted to rest a bit.  I was very late in attending the Pizza Party -- but everyone had a blast with Pauline Turner at the helm.  There were a lot of great looking socks there.  My roommate from last year, Willena, had the most outrageous orange socks ... I loved them!

I've got pictures coming ... it's just really slow downloading/uploading with an "air" connection (instead of dialup, dsl, or cable.)

No comments: