Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Out of Commission

I was sad to have had to cancel today's classes; I so enjoy teaching.  But the pain in my back was so intense, I knew there'd be no way.  So starting at 10:30 this morning, I have been Doctor hopping.

So three Doctors, seven Nurses, six X-rays, ultra sound & inferential treatments, blood work, one near fainting spell, pain medication, inflammation medication, a Chinese lunch, and an MRI later, I can say that we know at least one good thing of this ... it's not cancer.  So now the suspicion is perhaps a slipped disc; my MRI will be read in the morning, so we should know by then.  All I can tell you for now, is that the part that hurts also extends to my ribs, and makes breathing a bit painful if I do so deeply.  (Click here: WebMD with AOL Health - Disc Problems )

This is not at a good time to be laid up, and it's driving me nuts -- I have so much to do in preparation of the upcoming Conference,  but, my DH said not to worry about it, so for the time being I won't.

In the meantime, I want to say THANK YOU to all of my students from Knit Together that called today to wish me a speedy recovery ... I greatly appreciate it!!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better -- enough to get a few good stitches in, or at least able to read through Pauline Turner's new book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep you in my prayers.  Hang in there I know the pain you have to be in. Try and relax and not worry about all that you have to do.  Your health is more important. Luckily your DH is there for support. Be thankful for that. Get Well soon.CLT1432

Anonymous said...

Dee, I can empathize with your back pain. Unfortunately my back/hip/leg pain is from an electrolye imbalance. All I can do for it is OD on aspirin and Gatorade. Take it easy for a bit and I'll be praying you are back to stitching soon!
Flora

Anonymous said...

OH Dee!

You take care of yourself!  Back pain is nothing to ignore that is for sure!  I am hoping to see you feeling better at the conference! At least you can sit quietly and crochet for a while! (Looking at the bright side anyway! :)

Take care and if for any reason you need to cancel our appt next week, just shoot me a line.

Crochet hugs and lots of well wishes!

Karen Whooley
http://www.crochetlegacy.com

Anonymous said...

Ouch Ouch Ouch! But we're so glad it's not cancer. Unfortunately that doesn't help the hurting. Take great care of/with yourself, and let us know what we can do to help.

All our best,

John and Joy