Friday, July 30, 2004

Flip Floppin'

At the National CGOA Conference, there's a Crochet Exchange.  If you've visited my past entries from this week, then you learned that Prudence Mapstone of Australia, author of the book Freeform: Serendipitous Design Techniques for Knitting & Crochet, received the black beaded amulet bag I designed.

So, in the exchange, what did I receive?  Jill of St. Louis, MO (the "show me state") made the flip flops in pink.  And they're just my size too!

Unfortunately, I can't keep them.  No, sadly, I cannot.  Apparently this is because they are mostly pink with a touch of purple...and this means of course, that all seven-year-olds lay claim to anything of this color combo.  And, although they do not fit my daughter, she claims that one day they will.  (darn!)

Jill, if you're reading this, I think you did a fantastic job, and I want you to know that I appreciated them for the little bit of time my daughter allowed for me to keep them.

The flip flops on the right (greenish) are the ones I made a day prior to the Conference.  I had planned on wearing them to the sauna and to the pool.  But that was out as Mr. Hubby the Police Officer ensured I got no where near the sauna (heat on my back, he reasoned, is a BAD thing!) ... so I never got to wear them at the Conference.  These flip flops are charming.  Ha! -- that's not me complimenting my own work, but actually commenting on the actual charms, flip flop charms to be specific, that I adorned them with.  (I know, they're hard to see in this photo.)

These my daughter has permitted me to wear out of the house, and so I have.  Mostly to the doctor's office where they've caused quite a stir, as people exclaim, "Hey they're not only charmed, but they've got fur!!"

You can do the same, just visit the website for Lion Brand and get their free pattern.  Then purchase two inexpensive charm bracelets, cut them apart & sew the charms on!   J

No comments: