Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Hitting the Road

It's been slow going packing for four -- well, three really, as my husband will do his own. But, still slow as I need to watch that I don't over do it. Just as soon as the laundry is done ... we should be on the road about a half hour after that. (Yippee!)

Do you believe in omens? On the way home from the doctor's this morning, Pink came on the radio singing that song about "Getting the Party Started." I cranked up the tune and relished in thoughts of the upcoming events ... ah, I needed that! (LOL)

While at the doctors' this morning, one lady sat next to me as I worked on another chemo hat.  She said she was a knitter, and once I started the topic on the upcoming various events (the Conference, Stitches East, The Knit Out & Crochet Too...), she whipped out a note pad and started taking notes.  She said she used to make hats too, but didn't know who to donate them to ... so I gave her some ideas.

Then another lady came out into the waiting room and smiled at me.  She recognized me, but I didn't recognize her.  She said, "Hey, aren't you the lady I see crocheting everywhere?  Weren't you here the other day working on that hat?"

I smiled, and said "Yes, I think I am that lady, but no, this is another hat."

She said that "...[it] was a nice thing to be doing ... crocheting for those in need."

Then while I was in the examination room getting my therapy, the doctor inquired too about the hat. "Is that the same hat you were working on the other day," he asked.

"No," I replied. "I started this one the minute I got here and sat down in the waiting room.

"Oh," he said. "Then you must be fast."  (it was either that, or admitting he was a little behind in seeing his patients as the hat was nearly finished - lol)

"Nope, I think my speed is about average ... about 50 stitches in three minutes time...no where near Lily Chin's World record," I replied.

"Man," he said, "you are into this, aren't you?"

"You have no idea," I exclaimed.


Oh!  The dryer went off ... ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!

NH, here we come!!

No comments: