Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Out of Commission: Part II

The verdict is in; I ruptured two discs in my spine.   They will heal, but will take at least 90 days to do so.  The doctor said I could start feeling better within a month's timeframe.   For now, I will aggressively do what I must to feel good enough, and be healed enough, to attend the Conference next week.

Unfortunately, this means that I needed to step down as Host of the Pizza Party.   Since I will be sitting in Professional Development Day for most of the day, I wanted to make sure that in the likelihood I cannot make the Pizza Party, that the CGOA has someone else that can do the job.   I was so looking forward to doing this with Nancy Brown.

But not all is "Doom & Gloom." I just received some very exciting news!  Noreen Crone-Findlay sent me an email this afternoon, notifying me that I won her large white doll with Celtic interlace wings (featured on p 50) of her new book called, Creative Crocheted Dolls: 50 Whimsical Designs.  I am so excited!  If I could get out of this bed & jump up & down, I would!  I'm so excited that I won her contest, and will treasure this doll!  Thank you Noreen!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to learn about your ruptured discs - but at least, now, you know what's wrong. Think you will need a lot of patience...

Take really good care of yourself!