Sunday, July 18, 2004

Supplies, Supplies, Supplies

Yesterday I went shopping.

Is that a big deal?

I think so -- considering that at the beginning of the week I couldn't walk; I couldn't sit, and I couldn't lay down without being in sheer, absolute pain.

So, I went shopping.  It was a necessity. (But don't all women say that?)  No, really it was! 

I put together a list of materials I'll need for the classes I'll be taking at the upcoming Conference after looking through my rather extensive stash and decided there were a few things I had to have.  No, really, I'm not kidding!

So with my husband as my chauffeur, and my "Bead Team" as my shopping assistants, out we went.

I had to get some items for the Freeform Crocheted Dolls class I'll be taking with Noreen Crone-Findlay ... mostly some charms, beads, safety pins, decorative papers, ribbon, yarn, and such.  Oh, did I say yarn?  I needed it.  No, really, I'm not kidding.

I had to get knitting needles.  No, really, I'm not kidding.  Size 7 needles attached to a 16" cord, in any material except for aluminum, for the Simple Knitting for Complicated Crocheters class I'll be taking with Kathleen Power Johnson.  (I was to have gotten size 5 too, but this will have to do!)  Which reminds me, I need to work up my swatches for this class! 

Then after shopping for supplies, I needed a few things from Kohls.  No, really, I'm not kidding.  (I like that they took care of me, offering me an additional 15% discount on my purchase, as this translates to more $$ to spend at the Conference!)

The end results, with all kidding aside, is that I got the bulk of the items I needed, and I'm now paying the price.  I stayed out too late, too long, and I've had a minor setback.  I'm being iced, and am considering if Advil will help, or if I should take one of the prescribed meds.  No, really, I'm not kidding.

I shouldn't have pressed my luck.  It's going to be interesting to see how I survive the wonderful events at the Conference ...

Mental note to self: don't over do it again!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEE!!!!  You must be careful!!  We need our therapist!  And you need the conference!  I was so upset to hear you were laid-up - sorry I didn't get to you sooner but my little guy has given up his naps and now my computer time is greatly limited.  Please promise you will take it easy!  I'm very glad to hear you are feeling better.   I love catching up with your entries.  Enjoy the conference!  See you soon - Sammy and Rachel's mom

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!  Somehow I just knew you would try to defy the laws of medicine!  Please rest now, and then rest some more!  The conference is right around the corner!