Sunday, April 24, 2005

Question from Reader: Changes to Journal


Dear Dee, I see you changed your image. It's cute. Why are you standing next to a lion, and what is on your head? Thanks, Debby


Hi Debby,
Thank you for writing me and noticing I've made some changes here on my Journal. I thought that after having the same image up for a year that it was time for a change. I scoured what images I have and thought this one paints the best picture of my personality -- I love to have fun!

That picture was taken last year at the Knit Out and Crochet Too event that was held in New York City. I wore my black poncho which I've written about here in my journal before, and I wore a hat I designed for a contest my local crochet group had. (Since my main PC's crash, many pictures were lost, so I'll have to get busy taking more pictures of the hat.) The hat is entirely crocheted, including the feathered trim going around.   If you look at the picture below, to the right where I'm sitting with an attendee of the event, the feathers on the hat really show!

The lion I am pictured with is the mascot for Lion Brand, the yarn company.

This is what I have left, image wise, of last year's KOC2. (you can see where I lifted my image out of this collage to add it to my journal.) Ah, the KOC2; what a great time that was!

For more information about Knit Out and crochet Too events in your area, visit the Craft Yarn Council of America's website at www.craftyarncouncil.com

So, Debby, you didn't say.  Do you like the change?  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the changes!  And you'll have to tell me how you created the text-graphic and got it to show so clearly.  I tried mine in Powerpoint but the text blurred on me (as you probably noticed).  Maybe I need to go with PSP???  
I also love the collage pics.  You're such a nut and maybe that is what I like about you.  Not afraid to be a little off the wall for the fun of it.  Do you ever embarrass the kids or husband?  LOL!  Sheila

Anonymous said...


Hi, I'm Dee's husband.  I just want to go on record answering Sheila's question.  

Does Dee ever embarrass me or the kids?  No. Nope. Not that I recall.  Of course I'm just kidding.  I'm just waiting for the day she becomes famous so I can give my boss notice and sit home to learn how to crochet!  Maybe I'll try that Viking Chicken hat she showed me a picture of the other day...

Heh heh heh
V.

Anonymous said...

Hi V!  Thanks for responding!

(Of course, now Dee, you HAVE GOT TO make that hat for him AND make him model it!!!)  

In all seriousness, I feel those goofy moments keep us young - I see it with me and my husband and see it in my parents, but I couldn't help but ask, because there have been times when my mom has made us kids say "We don't know her" or "So, should we call Miller's Merry Manor and see if they have room for her?" (I kid you not, that is the name of a chain of nursing homes!)

Sheila