Sunday, April 3, 2005

"I encourage anybody to give it a try," she said.

Look at what I had fun crocheting yesterday during our heavy rain storm ... a bikini top!! The pattern is from the book, "Ready, Set, Crochet."   I added some of my "personal touches" to it by adding the many hundreds of beads.  (It took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to find just the right beads for this project!)

Does it fit?  Hahahahahaha 

No.   But I didn't crochet it to fit me.  I crocheted it for display; it will be at the Knit Together store in Stamford, CT.

So with thoughts of youth, fashion, and summer, I thought I'd share this more positive crochet/knit news article with you, my readers: "I encourage anybody to give it a try," she said.


     *** For a better view of the bikini top, visit my 2005 album at www.picturetrail.com/CrochetWithDee ***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and I'M the bad influence????  "Give it a try," she says!  Sheesh!  As for me, I think I will pass on bikini making....even if not for me.  I can't make one for me because that would just be ridiculous and I can't make one for someone else because I'll be jealous that they have a body that is made for a bikini!!!  I'd be too tempted to let there be that one stitch that unravels in water!  LOL!  Hugs, Sheila

PS  It truly is beautiful and congrats on the camera!  Need to see pics of your daughter's communion veil sometime too!