Sunday, February 6, 2005

Working...


I did it; I updated my daughter's website, Casey's Crochet. It's amazing how much time goes into typing code to make the page appear the way you want it. My new books were a great help, but I did have a difficulty in getting a page to load properly and ended up going to an AOL Message Board for help. I'm delighted that someone came to my aid so quickly.

On her webpage I added a "scroll window" for the YARN KUDOs she gives kids who want to share their crochet or fiber arts story. This window will allow for future growth as more stories are added. I also added these two new books that are coming to the market that are geared for children. They look promising and I'm looking forward to checking the books out with my daughter -- and my son!

BTW: for those interested in creating their own blog/journal outside of AOL-land, the book, Integrated HTML and CSS, that I mentioned the other day has a chapter dedicated to it. Check it out if you're interested.

In the meantime, I'm toying with the idea of submitting two of my designs for consideration in an upcoming publication .  The deadline to get the material to the publisher is coming up fast.  The question is can I get the material together quick enough (and professional looking) in time to submit it? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee this is your faithful student Lori.  You must submit your stuff for publication without fail.  You really should think about adding a student gallery on your site as well (obviously I want to be in it!!!!!!!!!!).  Anyway, see you in class with my ALMOST finished first project (thanks to you!!).  Later...........