Wednesday, February 9, 2005

Stocking Up -- on Aliens?

So, another snow storm is forecasted to hit our area. How can that be when I've already got spring freshly planted in my head?! Well, at least I had the common sense to stock up on supplies again. LOL

I picked up a soft yellow mohair that I'm adding yellow pearl hearts to; it's a scarf I started crocheting yesterday. It will be light enough to wear in the early spring months. I also picked up some
white Linie 136 Luna (oh, it's delicious!) for a future project, and some other odds & ends I need for sending in the pattern proposals. Let it snow! LOL I'm ready!!

And while I'm talking about yarn and projects, I was asked by my boss if the alien scarf can be created in crochet as it can in knit. It's a pattern that when looked straight upon, looks normal. But when looked at sideways an alien head appears. You can see a picture of one under construction by
Clicking Here.

What do you think? Can crochet do it too?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too weird about that pattern!!!  Snowing here at the moment but they downgraded the amount of accumulation from 1 to 3 inches to "about an inch" expected.  Now...to hunt down the yarn I know is here but I can't find.....  Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. I don't know about the Alien pattern... but if you figure out how, I would be interested... I have the perfect person to make one for <LOL>... Like I NEED another project <g>.  Bundle Up and Stay Warm!!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind