Wednesday, February 2, 2005

Making Arrangements

I have a design concept in my head and I am eager to work it up; I need to wait though.  The "prototype" was a hit yesterday when I showed it off the store.  It generated a lot of buzz, so I'm thinking I'm on to something here. The owner of the store is going see what is involved for arranging to order some items I need for the design concept.  In the meantime, I'm going to look into what's involved for submitting the idea for publication.

I'll be headed to the monthly "Coffee, Crochet & Chat" session at our local book store today.  That's always fun!  You can set one up in your area too.  All you need to do is find a public location that has plenty of seating.  Then approach the manager and ask if it's OK to set aside one day a month to have regular "visitors" come & do their "hooking" in public.  OK, knitting too.  {{wink wink}}  Let the manager know that, say it's a coffee shop, that those visiting will buy coffee, or if it's a book store, say how the visitors will help bring in "traffic" to the store ... it's a win-win situation.  You'd get a place to hook up with other crocheters, and the store gets potential customers.  And what arrangement can be better than that?  :)

No comments: