Thursday, February 10, 2005

Heart of Gold Inspires New Pattern

For your crocheting pleasure and charity-giving hearts, I managed to post a new pattern yesterday.  It's a pattern that I designed during a beginner crochet class I taught this week; inspired by a woman with a heart of gold.

It seems that she volunteers time with the homeless, and she came to my class with the goal of learning how to crochet so she can help one of her homeless ladies crochet preemie hats.  So, as the class progressed I developed the pattern so they would be able to crochet these hats together with relative ease.  She was delighted and gave me the biggest hug at the end of the class.  So to continue this goodwill feeling, I've added this new free pattern to my website, and think it would be perfect for a beginner crocheter to try.

Meanwhile, I'll be on the hunt for a childs' cape pattern ... I might design one myself, but I'd like to get an idea of what's out there first.  I've got two months to crochet one for my daughter's "big day," but knowing how busy I've been, I at least want to put this project on my radar!

No comments: