Friday, February 4, 2005

New-to-me Books

Being mentioned on Carol Alexander's newsletter really upped the amount of visitors to my website which is great!  I'm delighted that so many have opted to check it out.

But with so many visitors it's also a reminder to me that I want to overhaul the site ... I want to make it easier to navigate and give it a fresh new look. So, I invested in two new books, Integrated HTML and CSS: A Smarter, Faster Way to Learn, and HTML: Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks. Just leafing through the Tips & Tricks book has spurred ideas to add to my daughters' website.

Since I'm not a big football fan, while the family will be busy watching the big game this weekend, I'm planning on curling up with my new books and my computer and see what magic I can come up with.   I know the transformation won't happen overnight, but it's a start.  Wish me luck! :)

Although I did not purchase it, I did enjoy leafing through the book, " Hooked on Crochet: 20 Easy-to-make Projects for Hip Hats, Bold Bags, Swingin. I think it has great projects for the beginner, beginner-intermediate crocheter to try. The photos were very tempting, and I think a crocheter looking for inspiration would enjoy this book. So if that's you, feel free to check it out!

And speaking of books, I found out that a friend of mine got me
Margaret Hubert's new booklets on freeform crochet -- autographed! I found out about them by accident; they were to have been a surprise for my birthday. I'm tickled!

 

For those that receive alerts for my journal entries, please accept my apologies.  It seems AOL Journals is having a hard time digesting html coding today.  What I see when I am typing, to what happens when I press the save key is a complete mystery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're all having problems with journals today, Dee.  Thanks for the link to the newsletter.  I signed up!  Love the sachet pattern!  You also reminded me that I have a number of libraries around to check out crochet books.  It will do me good to get out of the house once I can get the pain from surgery to stop.  Thank you!  Hugs, Sheila

Anonymous said...

I get Carol Alexanders newsletters and was happy to see your name. I originally got your web site from crochet partners.Have also check out Casey's site great!Hope it gets a lot of children crocheting!I saw a pink hat with flowers on your site a while ago but it doesn't seem to be there now. I wanted to know if I could get the instructions. I thought it looked great and would like one of my own. But I haven't been able to find and email address for you.I think your items are really great .
Lucille--pyewackett17