Wednesday, October 6, 2004

Scrumblers Unite

With October being the month of Breast Cancer Awareness, and Lupus Awareness, I thought I'd add one more ... primarly because it benefits women.

The Global Fund for Women supports women's human rights through grants that addresses "economic independence, increasing girls' access to education and stopping violence against women."

With this in mind, I checked out the new website called
"Scrumblers Unite Around the World" that was created to help raise funds for this purpose.  Fiber Artists, Margaret Hubert and Prudence Mapstone lent their Freeform talents to come up with the most fantastic must have products that I am adding to my Christmas Wish List ... and the best part is 100% of the profits raised from the Scrumblers website are donated to the Global Fund for Women.

I love the lunch boxes, mugs, sweatshirts ... I just need to decide which colors ... and the sweatshirt that says "Will Work for Yarn" -- oh yeah, that NEEDs to be in my wardrobe!  (LOL)

By the way, if you were one of the lucky ones that got to attend this year's Big E event, or the CGOA's 2004 Conference, or got to attend one of my classes at the KnitTogether store yesterday, then you may have seen the logo used for this website.  It was created by Margaret, and is just stunning to see in person!

No comments: