Monday, March 21, 2005

OMG!! Pinch me!!

OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!

I feel as though I just hit lotto -- but better!

I just received my first shipment of unsolicited free material to design crochet items with and submit for publication!  

                     OMG!!

                             I've been noticed by a yarn manufacturer!

                                                             OMG!!

           Can you tell I'm elated??

About three years ago Melissa Leapman came to Danbury and taught two special workshops for our Crochet Club.  She was happy to answer our questions and someone had inquired as to how she selects the fibers she uses for her publications.  She said it arrives in the mail; direct from the yarn manufacturers.  She said that when that happens you know you've arrived as a designer.

So this is MY moment then!  And here in this moment I wish I had continued on with those childhood ballet lessons!  I feel, with all this excitement that comes from this gift from the yarn company, that I could defy the laws of gravity and instantly float across the house with graceful leaps and turns like a true ballerina and never get dizzy. (Of course that's why I gave up trying to be a ballerina -- because I always got dizzy...)  Hmmm.  Since I can't do that, I'll just remain giddy ... as giddy as a child set loose in a candy store with free rein!!

I can barely contain my excitement!  OMG!!  Pinch me!!  It's official! 
                                       I AM A DESIGNER!!

Now, as I peek into the box and look at all the treasures I wonder, what they will say to me of what they wish to become?   Oh, this is going to be incredible fun to find out!!  :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is so excellent!  It must feel wonderful to have found that thing that beautiful art as what you do so well.   You are so lucky.
Connie

Anonymous said...

DEEEE!!!!  You need a digital camera!  ARGH!  Anyhow, I'm certainly glad that someone is having a good day.  It gives the rest of us hope.  Congratulations!!!  Sheila

Anonymous said...

Story.  I asked my grandmother once to teach me how to knit.  She tried, but after a few minutes of watching my frustration, she literally threw her crochet hooks at me and taught me how.  I have been doing it for 30 years.  I love it.  I would love to talk.....

Anonymous said...

Story.  I asked my grandmother once to teach me how to knit.  She tried, but after a few minutes of watching my frustration, she literally threw her crochet hooks at me and taught me how.  I have been doing it for 30 years.  I love it.  I would love to talk.....

Anonymous said...

This is your best journal entry yet (can we see what came in the box?).  Hopefully this is the beginning of many shipments that you will receive.  I didn't know you were a ballerina.......  See you later.

Lori

Anonymous said...

Wow!!  Congratulations!!  But of course, we all KNOW you're a designer already!  You've been creating your own projects for ages!  I stand in awe!

Anonymous said...

Gee... I'm MIA from Journals for a few days (O.K. basically a week) and look at all the cool things happening! I already did the Congrats on the entry above about the doily... I should have finished reading first <g>.... So, Congrats on 'arriving'... course we already all knew you were here ;)
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind