Thursday, December 30, 2004

Whew! A Close Shave for sure!

The newspaper headline read "Wool Shortage" along with a bunch of follow up articles describing that there's a sheep shortage.  In the local yarn shop there was a sign posted on the wall that read, "Sheep Shortage, 2 Balls of Yarn per Customer."

Yikes!  I didn't know!!  Did you?

Fortunately for us it was in a movie.  (Whew!!  Could you imagine!!)  After being cooped up all week from being sick, my children and I had cabin fever so badly yesterday afternoon that I mustered up what little strength I had and took them to the local library.  There they picked out some books to read along with a few movies.  One of the movies we borrowed was called  "A Close Shave" ... part of the BBC Wallace & Gromit series.  I had never heard of the series, but my son insisted on getting the movie.  And what a riot this 1995 Best Animated Academy Award Winner is!!  (yes, I think I cracked a few ribs from laughing too hard!)

It's a great movie for both the young & the young at heart.  If you get a chance to see it -- DO!!  You'll like it!   (You can visit the NY Times webpage to read their review on this movie.)

Getting back to the topic of going to the local library, we were also pleasantly surprised to find that the Historical Society put together a beautiful display of Quill, Crochet (snowflakes created from thread), and Count Stitch.  Very pretty and informative

And speaking of crochet sightings ... check out the American Girl Doll website ...   they have a new doll (Marisol) featuring a crocheted hat & scarf!

No comments: