Monday, January 14, 2008

Winter Wonderland


We spent the weekend celebrating Mini~Dee's birthday some more; we had a great time spending time together. Who knew that her birthday wish was to extend the celebration by another day? LOL

We awoke to a beautiful Winter Wonderland (see image on left; it's a partial shot of part of my street).  Since school was canceled for the day, the children gleefully spent the morning learning how to snowboard on our little hill, and then afterwards we enjoyed sipping on delicious hot chocolate, complete with mini-marshmallows.  

* - * - *

There is more good news to report!  The Happily Hooked on Crocheting Club, Connecticut Chapter of the Crochet Guild of America, has been invited back to participate in the 2008 Connecticut Sheep & Wool Festival come this April.  All day I've been designing various items in my head of what I'd like to create for this special event, using natural fibers of course.  (For those unfamiliar with Sheep & Wool festivals/fairs, they promote the use of natural fibers like wool, alpaca, silk & such over nylons, acrylics, and so on.  So we want to ensure we're following their guidelines.)  I haven't decided which project to settle upon yet, but I feel as though I am getting close. 

If YOU were going to promote crochet in a world dominated by knit, what would you choose to crochet?   Would it be a particular crochet technique, or a particular project...say like crocheted socks? 

If YOU were visiting a world dominate of knit, and stumbled upon a crochet demonstration, what would you hope the crochet demonstration included?

Please, do share your thoughts as you can help make the HHCC's 2nd Appearance a most successful one!  :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, love the look of that snow day... I miss those down here in Virginia. (I'm originally from the Midwest).
I go to a stitching night at a friend's house once a month and they are all knitters. I like bringing projects that only "crocheters" can do... like my Rowan Carnival shawl with it's 36 attached motifs. Their first comment was "we (knitters) could never do something like that!". I don't know if that's true or not, but it does seem that crochet is a little more flexible in creating shapes and changing the directionality of our stitches. Oh, and edgings. You always see crochet edgings on knitted items to add some "style" IMHO!!!!! Have fun. I'm addicted to attending the Maryland Sheep & Wool festival.