Monday, January 7, 2008

A Little Faith ...

I want to thank my Guest Bloggers for doing a fantastic job! Please, everyone, give Nancy, Jennifer and Beth a Crochet Hook Salute for filling in for me! I greatly appreciate their willingness to help me when I was feeling so blue over the loss of Ruthie.

Although I am still in shock over losing her, I believe she sent me the message, "GET BACK TO CROCHETING ALREADY!!"

How do I know this? This past weekend I journeyed into New York City with my family. While we were there we stopped at St. Patrick's where I lit a candle in Ruth's memory.  My husband said, "Ruthie, show us a sign you're OK!" and soon thereafter we believe she did.  As we toured more around New York City, people wearing crochet started appearing EVERYWHERE!!  Hats, scarves, baby blankets, on toys, in window displays -- it was amazing to have all that crochet "just appear!"

So I will listen to Ruthie and do just that ... get back to crocheting!  Thank you again, girls, for helping out with being Guest Bloggers for me -- and to all of you who sent condolences. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl your back, Thank you Ruthie for sending signs for Dee. Ive missed her. I did enjoy your guest though Thanks to them in keeping me amused in crochet chatter. My prayers are always there for you Dee, your vegas friend, Sherri

Anonymous said...

I think your friend would be glad to see you back! I know I am.

It turns out that I am going to have some 'free' time due to the owner of the horses I usually care for being home for a little while, bringing my work load down. I thought maybe I would spend some of that time making some 'chemo' caps in honor of Kim (and of course Pamela!). I have never crocheted in rounds, usually holding my crocheting to things like afghans and scarfs.... which brings me to the question I have for you! Do you know of a free (or know where I can purchase) a good -beginner- pattern for a cap? I would really appreciate it. The only thing I have ever made in rounds was hair bands <LOL>

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back, Dee!  I'd like to think Ruth is happily crocheting in Heaven!

Anonymous said...

I was happy to help you out.  I understand that you needed some down time.

...."As we toured more around New York City, people wearing crochet started appearing EVERYWHERE!!  Hats, scarves, baby blankets, on toys, in window displays -- it was amazing to have all that crochet "just appear!" .....

And I would definately take that as a sign that Ruth was talking to you.