Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Unofficial Ravelry Awards of 2007

It seemed to take forever (about a month or so) to get into Ravelry, where at one point I was standing behind some 10,000 fiberholics just like myself to get in -- but once I was, I found it to be a great place to hang out with other people who enjoy crochet as much as I do! 


Then, before I new it, I found myself nominated in their first ever "Bobbys Award" -- where people were nomintated for various categories.

It was such an honor to be nominated in the category as "Most Educational Crocheter."  

                        . . . . . . . . . .  

Then I found out yesterday that I had actually won -- which left me speechless!  (Perhaps because
A. I hadn't thought about actually giving a speech, or
B. I wasn't wearing a beautiful crocheted evening gown like this at the time, or
C. because the stitches in my mouth, along with a swollen chin matching the looks of Jay Leno's, was/is proving talking can be difficult at a time like this.  lol)

Regardless of why I'm speechless, I am humbled and honored!  Thank you Ravelry voters!

...oh, and they said there will be prizes.  I'll post a picture when it arrives.  (Hmmm, I wonder if it's a golden ball of yarn??)

 

No comments: