Friday, January 12, 2007

infectious inspiration

I'm slowly shedding my new ostrich persona by pulling my head out of the sand after Wednesdays' fright.  I've been using the inspiration from all the support, you, my readers, have sent my way, along with my family's, to really appreciate how lucky I am. Thank you!!

I've been crocheting quite madly passionately since Wednesday, using Ian Johnson's crocheting in theme/team colors as inspiration for a new winter hat for my son.  I'm using the colors blue, red and white since Dee Jr. a big fan of the Patriots.  He can't wait for Sunday's game; I'm sure he'll enjoy the game even more once his hat is hot off my crochet hook.  (I even have a bid on an auction over there at ebay -- more on that in a future post.) 

I also found this fantastic news article about a 90-year-old woman who "treats her age like a speed limit" -- her story of crocheting for others even through her own medical battles is quite inspiring.  Go here to read it.  Even her smile is infectious!  And when I grow up, I want to be just like her!  :)

Speaking of crochet and news in the same sentence, if you haven't already, there's still time to enter into the contest.  It's quite easy to do so -- you come up with an ending to the article pictured here (pretty much answering the question, "
What did the LPD request?"), then post your entry here (or email it to me).  Hurry though -- contest ends on January 15th.  Rules are posted here.
Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: