Monday, November 1, 2004

Take Me Away!

It's going to be a long day.

I can tell just by the tone of my phone ringing at 6:45. 

Yes, it was my husband, and yes, his car broke down.  And this is the morning after getting the goblins home fairly late (for them) on what is known as a school night.  And this is the morning that my daughter will be wearing that costume that consumed last weekend and nearly cost me my sanity...And today is also a half-day for the children.  I really feel as though I need to be in one of those Calgon commercials.  Do you remember those?  The sales pitch was, "Calgon, take me away!" 

So, while we're having hubby's car towed to the dealership (after all, we just had the car tuned up by them, and "replaced parts" suggested by them, to the tune of $500 just two weeks ago) to have them deal with this mess, I'm getting ready to spend the most of my day at the kids school ... from watching the kids celebrate All Saints Day, to doing lunch duty, to having to taxi them back home.

In the times when I'm not needed today, I'll be happily reading my new book.  Well, actually, it's not a NEW book, but it's new to me.  It's called "The Technique of Crochet" by Pauline Turner and it was published in 1987.   I've already leafed through the book and it looks like it's going to be very interesting!  (So instead of Calgon taking me away, I'll have Pauline! lol)  I have to thank a member of the Crochet Partners for pointing this book out to me.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you survived your day and you could have a calgon moment :)

Gretchen