Tuesday, February 28, 2006

MARCH is NATIONAL CROCHET MONTH!!!

On Saturday Lori asked, "Since March is Nat'l Crochet Month, can we do some kind of "event" to highlight crochet at KT?  I'm not sure what it would be but I dreamt about it last night..."

Ah Lori, you're a crocheter after my own heart!  I know you're a total addict now that you're dreaming about crochet just like I do!  {{grins}}

For those interested, the store Lori mentioned, KnitTogether, has selected a special day to help celebrate National Crochet Month.  On Saturday, March 18th they're inviting both crocheters and knitters to come to the shop and join the staff in creating chemo hats.  I cannot make this event but will be providing one of the crochet patterns for free.  You'll want to contact the store for more details.

If you find yourself in the Bethel, CT, area, on Thursday, March 16, then you'll want to come visit the
A Stitch In Time shop where I will be offering a free demonstration on Irish Lace.Consider helping Stacey assemble afghans for Warm Up America. visit http://www.bethsholomstratford.org/warmupamerica.html for more information!  (If you're Irish, then it's a double bonus because crochet is a major part of Irish history!)

Tomorrow I'm a busy bee too ... to officially kick off the National Crochet Month, in the morning I'll be at the Borders book store (Brookfield, CT) from 10 - Noon showing anyone who's interested on how I assembled the blanket pictured to the right (please bring your own squares).  Later in the afternoon, I'll be helping my crochet club set up a Crochet Display at the
Bethel Library.  The theme for the display is "Crochet: Yesterday to Today." 

If you can't join me for one of these events, then please consider doing something to help celebrate the month.  Read
Robin's entry (my guest blogger from last week) to get inspired!

Or maybe you'd be interested on one of the 30 ways to promote crochet?

No matter what you choose, opt to do something to celebrate it.  And then share your celebration with a family member, a friend, or even an online group!  It's infectious!  Help spread the wonderment of the Art of Crochet!

Retailers Celebrating National Crochet Month:
Celebrate National Crochet Month!
Joanns is celebrating with FREE shipping
use code CRAFT625 for all orders over $25.
Offer good until 3/31/06

Herrschners is have e-specials ... specials only offered
if you're signed up for their emails.  (Click here for signing up)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for mentioning me:)

Robin