Friday, October 17, 2008

Truckin' along ...

I feel really bad about yesterday's post. I've been under a lot of stress with this move and to find someone lifting my material really pushed my buttons yesterday. Seriously, I'm more of a happy-go-lucky kinda gal, so I'm going to put that behind me and move forward today.

First, I want to address the vehicle situation. No, I still don't have my wheels back, and yes, I REALLY am driving around town in a huge six-wheelin', extended cab truck I borrowed from my father. It's so big that the kids nicknamed it "the tank." It's a trip driving that thing, and my daughter, Casey, is doing everything in her power to tempt me to see just how much yarn the "tank" can haul. I'm going to guess a lot. I don't know what it is about driving it, but when the kids are not riding with me, I find that I'm turning the radio station over to some hard rock and nodding my head to other big truckers as we pass on the road. Weird. It brings back memories of being on the Harley, giving the secret hand signal to other bikers that share the same passion ...

So this got me to wondering. Is there a cool signal for crocheters and I'm just not aware of it? If there isn't, we should create one. This way we can acknowledge each other as we pass each other in the store aisles ...


Second, you may notice that I'm tinkering with the blog settings here. The advice columnists advise not to change too much all at once, so I'm trying things out slowly. Please let me know if there is something you'd like added.

Third, AC Moore has teamed up with NaturallyCaron.com for a "Naturally Baby Contest." The contest starts today and runs until December 1, 2008. You can find out more about this contest by going here. The only catch is that you need to purchase the yarn from AC Moore, and there isn't one in my area. Should Casey get her wish to see how much yarn the "tank" can haul? Do I dare?

1 comment:

mamaterry said...

Hi,
There is an A.C.Moore store in Orange, CT. It is in the same shopping center with The Christmas Tree shop and Harmon Drugs and On The Border Mexican Restaurant.