Monday, October 20, 2008

Rhinebeck: NY Sheep & Wool Festival

I was to have joined some fellow HHCC'ers on Saturday for a day of fun at the New York Sheep & Wool Festival, only it wasn't in my cards. I awoke with one of the biggest migranes of the year. It was horrible. And I missed seeing my friends. I was bummed.

On Sunday I received a call from Nancy, checking in on how I was doing. She was heading back to the festival and wanted to know if I'd like to join her. Since I was feeling better I was game.

Upon arrival we went immediately to the Author's Booksigning Event. Our goal was to say "Hi" to the wonderful Doris Chan. She was the only crochet author there and there were many Chan-Fans stopping by to buy her books and get her autograph. It was really great getting to see her.

Nancy and I then met Chris from Australia. The three of us wondered around, visiting and petting many delicious fibers ... many, many indeed! The weather was beautiful -- sunny and slightly crisp as one would expect for an autumn day (nothing like the sub-zero degree weather reported from the day prior). We met up with members from the New York City Crochet Guild, ate, shopped some more, and listened to some live music. It was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you taped me there at the end!!! lol that was sneaky!!!!

CrochetingWithDee.com said...

{{chuckles}}

Thanks for a great time, Nancy!
~Dee