Saturday, July 29, 2006

Whew! It's Hot!


I'm taking a little break, sitting here enjoying some ice cold lemonade. I am completely surrounded by books and computer parts: from my newest acquisition, The New Crochet book, to computer monitors and cables.  It seems, on the hottest day of the summer season, that I've opted to pick up a hammer to assemble shelving for my ever-growing crochet library!  

It's a good thing too, as I hear
AnniesAttic is having a FREE SHIPPING offer -- I've got my eye on a few of their booklets in their "Sale" bin: Celtic, Pineapples, and so on.  Geesh, the last time they had a sale I nearly kissed my postal carrier when they delivered my goodies!  This could spell trouble now that I have new shelving!  LOL  (To get in on the Free Shipping spend $30 and use code ERGSHIP.  Word has it the offer expires on 8/26/06.)

On the bright side, I did manage to finish another Chemo Cap AND found a missing hank of Berroco's Chai
... a two-tone red-burgundy ribbon made of merino wool and acetate.  It's been discontinued, but I still like it.  Perhaps I can one day finish that WIM with it that I had so long ago ...

It also seems I've been "RAK'ed!"  Now I mentioned RAK'ing in the new blog KTOGBlog the other day in honor of National Girlfriend Day that will take place on August 1st -- so this is a great surprise!  I'm so excited!  I'll share the contents tomorrow. For now, I need to get all these books on the new shelves and all these obsolete computer cables put away. After all, we want a safe environment for me to be able to do cartwheels of joy -- right?  :)

No comments: