Monday, May 1, 2006

Rich, Deep Chocolate Dreams...

Why is it that our dreams, at least my dreams, after attending a big fiber event, seem to focus upon a fiber I literally let slip through my finger tips?

The rich, deep chocolate coloring; the softness that could rival alpaca, and maybe even angora .... mmmmmm buffalo!

Yes, you read that right, I said buffalo!

It was an absolute delight to pet the spun buffalo fiber sample the Still River Mill had on display Saturday, and if my pockets were deeper I would have, without a doubt, purchased some to bring home to play with.  I don't recall the yardage, but I do recall the price tag of $60 a hank -- still though, it's a unique fiber and one day I'll make the leap to turn this dream into reality by adopting at least one hank to play with.  Hmmmm, maybe that will happen sooner than I think -- the Wild Fibers magazine is having a contest for most unique use of the fiber.  Winner gets a thousand smackers ...

We'll let Bob Marley finish this entry with a little singing, after all it's my dream, right?

    "Buffalo Soldier troddin' through the land, wo-ho-ooh!
Said he wanna ran, then you wanna hand,
Troddin' through the land, yea-hea, yea-ea.

Singing, woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy,
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy!
Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy,
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy! [fadeout]"

No comments: