Thursday, May 4, 2006

Marathons

I can see the ribbon at the end of this crochet marathon that I've been on -- no, really, I'm looking for matching ribbon.  Kind of like a rich champagne kind of coloring ...

Oh, the things we do for our children!  My son's arm band is about three hours away from being completed and the shawl I plan on wearing is nearly at the end of the third skein of yarn (out of 7 balls).  I stretch.  I drink some water.  I continue on, recalling that I want to add beads to the work too.  I know that Sunday is right around the corner and if I let up on my pace time will pass me.

So why is it, when we're in the heat of a crochet marathon, that someone has the desire to tell me where they saw Bernat Chenille on sale locally for a dollar a skein?  I'm in training here, folks.  Do I go to their marathons and hold up flyers for cross trainer sales?  I think not!  I know they're serious about reaching that finishing line with a respectable end time, and that's what I want too.

Why would someone tempt me with a yarn sale?  Don't they know I'm an addict -- always in need of the latest stash enhancement or acquisition?? 

     ... OK, so tell me again, where is this store??

What?  They might have the ribbon I'm looking for ...

No comments: