Friday, October 21, 2005

It's Baseball, No it's Football Season ... or is it really Crochet Season?

Remember those old Nike commercials where they said "Bo knows ..." and they'd fill in the blanks?  It was based on the baseball/football player Bo Jackson who played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, The LA Raiders, and the White Sox before retiring in 1994.  I'm not much of a sports follower, but when a person can do multiple things well, then you have my attention.  And apparently, this guy can do one more thing -- crochet!  So would this now make me a fan?  Probably! ((grins))

Yep, based on an article I recently read, Bo knows crocheting!  How cool is that?!!  If it's true, it's pretty darned cool if you ask me.  I'll have to see if I can find another reference to confirm that he actually does before adding him to the "Famous Crocheter's" page.

So, because tomorrow is the official start for the World Series with Bo's former White Sox team Vs the Astros, and with keeping in mind that football season has already started, here's some baseball and football pattern links I thought would be fun to check out:

          * Baseball Coaster  (I'm thinking if done in thread it'd be a cute ornament!)
          * Baseball Player Graph & Other items
          *
Football Center Granny Square
          *
Little (Stuffed) Football 
          *
Football Coaster

Crocheting at the stadium, or at home during the games is a great way to "look away" when the team is not fairing well without being called on the carpet for it; it's a great way to minimize "munching" on all the snacks, or to keep from lighting up a smoke; and it's a great way to create a "momento" of the event -- imagine crocheting an item up and having your team win the World Series or the Superbowl.  You'll always be able to point to it and say, "Remember when ..." (and fill in the blank about your favorite sports moment).

I should prepare for tomorrow night.  I know I have some white & red thread around here somewhere, beads too ...  I hear what you're thinking, "Oh no, Dee!  Not another crochet WIM!!!"  Should I hope the game tomorrow night is (possibly) rained out? Would Bo know? LOL

*WIM: Work in Mind

No comments: