Friday, September 23, 2005

So Who is the Fastest Crocheter?


As the Volunteer Email Correspondent for the Crochet Guild of America, I've been getting A LOT  of emails asking for details on the Lily Chin Vs. Lisa Gentry = World's Fastest Crocheter saga.  While I do plan on doing a little "leg work" to find out more details, I was delighted to find in a recent CGOA "Chain Link" newsletter information that I can pass on.  First let me say that the article reports that Lily is still considered (and will remain so) the "World's Fastest Crocheter" -- under the Craft Yarn Council of America's contest.  It's reported that she will keep this title until October of 2006 when the final time trials take place.  It's also reported that Lily is going to seriously practice to give Lisa and other challengers a real run for the fiber, er title.  (Many thanks to Danielle for writing such an interesting article!)

In the meantime, Lisa now holds the Guinness Book of World Record's title as the "world's fastest crocheter."  No matter who you are rooting for, these two ladies are FAST!  Would I ever consider going up against them?  Nah.  Not unless the title was for the slowest; then I might stand a chance!  (heh heh heh)

One last thing I'd like to mention about these two -- they've really helped heat up the world of crochet!  Lisa and Lily will be at the NYC "Knit Out & Crochet Too" event next weekend, but there's no word yet if they'll be competing --  I just hope to be present when these two do decide to face off again!
 

No comments: