Friday, September 16, 2005

Outing Crochet

 

Have you seen these crochet theme postage stamps yet? I think it's WAY overdue to have stamps available that promote our art form. I'm not a stamp collector so I don't know for sure if there was ever a crochet theme stamp created, but to have one where we can use them today -- that's just awesome! :)


For those that are following the "Lily Chin Vs. Lisa Gentry: Who IS the Champ" saga, I understand there will be an article in the upcoming issue of Crochet! magazine.  What I don't know is if it will be in the magazine itself, or in the Crochet Guild of America's newsletter insert known as "Chain Link."  Apparently, there is more to this story and I'm looking forward to reading it.  (By the way, the only way to get the Crochet! magazine with the Chain Link newsletter insert is by being a member of the Crochet Guild of America.  If you're interested about this national organization, click here to learn more.) 

One more thing I'd like to add about Lily & Lisa:  they both are planning on attending the Craft Yarn Council of America's "Knit Out & Crochet Too!" event being held in New York City on October 2nd.  I don't know if they'll be having another "stitch off" to determine who's faster, but if I hear of anything, I'll be sure to post it here.  It sure would be exciting though!  :)

No comments: