Saturday, June 26, 2010

Coffee, Stat!

Today's blog entry is more of a mental check-list for me ... I need a caffeine IV drip to function today after last night's wee-in-the-hours-can't-sleep-until-you-acknowledge-this-inspirational-idea hit me. Has that ever happened to you? You get an idea late in the evening, or even while you are sleeping, and you try to make a mental note of it, or even write it down to return to later, only it eats at you, much like this seemingly endless sentence, until finally you grab your favorite crochet hook and ball of yummy yarn and finally set the inspiration free, into physical motion, weaving its magic with each yarn over, until it begins to take shape to the point where you can say, "ahhhhh!"

Yeah. That's exactly what happened to me last night and I have the bags under my eyes to prove it. And in looking at the amount of stitch work I got done -- I am happy I listened to my muse. Since I am spending my time getting my materials ready for the conference, I can tell it will be another late night working on this project. Maybe now is the time, just until I get everything done, I give up my one-cup-of-coffee-a-day rule and drink it like a flowing river ... I'm just saying...
OK, the mental check-list... the following people are to be added to the "Waiting to be Confirmed" list as Famous Crocheters (technically the people below will be easy to confirm; I need to set aside time to actually write up their confirmations and then add them to the growing list of Confirmed...):
  • Louisa Calder, wife of the sculptor Alexander Calder. (Thank you Leslie)
  • Daina Taimina, Cornell University mathematician . (Thank you Barbara)
  • Ruby Dee, actress. (Thanks again Barbara; and Colleen)
and, Jennifer Crusie, who is already confirmed needs the spelling of her name corrected.
OK, that's it for now. My coffee cup is empty and there is more work to do...

2 comments:

Crochet Friends of Stamford said...

I read on yahoo last week that people who drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day have a reduced risk of head and neck cancer. I'm just saying if you need a medical excuse..........

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Hey Dee - I will not see you at CGOA this year, as I elected not to go. Am going to visit with some online friends in PA..

Question: I think you linked a fun blog here awhile ago. All I can remember is they made movies out of their crocheted things and I believe it was an Asian guy's site. I lost all my bookmarks when computer crashed and have been searching for it (even your site) and can't find. Do you know it?
Tammy