Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Parent/Child Crochet Club!

I can't begin to express my appreciation for the support you all have been providing me in the search for my "Mummy!"  Thank you!  And it's because of some suggestions provided, we may have located the very program in question; my local library is hot on the trail as I type this!

So, just mere moments ago, when the library called back, I thought it was them, ready to give me an update on their search.  Nope!  It was an invitation to come do a 3-month trial "Parent/Child Crochet Club!" 

Naturally, I can't think of a better way to celebrate my passion for crochet, especially on Valentine's Day, so I said YES!!!

So, starting next month, which also happens to be NATIONAL CROCHET MONTH, Mini~Dee and I will be assisting up to six parent/child teams with their crochet.  We're requesting participants be responsible for bringing their own materials.  This way they can come in and get beginner lessons, or get help on areas that they're stuck.

Since it's a pilot program, space is limited to just six parent/child teams.  I
f you're from the area and would like to participate, and your child is over 10 years old, you will need to register with the library.  We'll be gathering on Friday night, from 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM on March 28th, April 25th, and May 16th.  If the Parent/Child Crochet Club does well, we'll extend it.

I'm so excited; I think this will be a great opportunity for parents & kids to bond while possibly falling in love with the art of crochet.  I think I'll need to celebrate this by taking Mini~Dee out yarn shopping later this afternoon.  LOL

  Y Happy Yarnatines Everyone!  Y

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea! I wish you'd consider a few field trips to Kansas ;0)

Anonymous said...

Red Heart Yarn for everyone today! :)

It amazes me how you just seem to fall into stuff like this!  I love the idea and hope that it is successful.  Is there an age limit on the children who participate?  I am sure that Mini-Dee will be a chip off the block.  Does she usually approach these types of things with confidence?

I hope the library is able to get the correct program for you.  I spent some time on the internet searching for it but to no avail.

Love and hugs
Sheila

PS  Can you send some of that good luck of yours this way?  hahahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

       "Red Heart Yarn for everyone today!"
Oh, I like that idea Sheila!!!  :)

In my excitement in announcing the new Parent/Child Crochet Club I did forget to mention the age, huh?  I'll go back and insert that into the entry.  

I'm sending you lots of luv & luck today, Sheila!!
Thanks,
~Dee