Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fooled, and it's not even April yet!

I taught a private crochet lesson yesterday.  Prior to starting the lesson I bumped into a knitting teacher I know.  "Hey Dee, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing great!  Want to see my knitting progress," I asked back.

"Sure!"

I tossed my "knitted" hat to her. She examined it closely. "Wow, Dee! This looks great! You really coming with along nicely with your knitting!"

"Thanks," I said with a huge grin. "It's 100% crocheted!"

"Crocheted," she asked back, a bit startled and confused.  "But how?"

"It's a new (to me) crochet technique I'm playing around with."

"Oh, you fooled me, Dee, shame on you!" And with that she playfully hit me with my own hat.

If I can fool a knitting teacher with this technique, then who might be next? 
Wha ha ha ha ha ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very devoted to your craft! Crochet is also my passion. you do awesome work!

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!  I bet you're a lot of fun to go out in public with!  

The more I see pics of this hat, the more I love it and want to try making it.  Sure hope a pattern for it comes out soon!

Love and hugs, ya crazy woman!
Sheila